By Elizabeth Latenser
Forbes just released its 30 under 30 Hollywood & Entertainment list and it’s worth noting that digital stars make up 13% of this year’s roster. That fact highlights that social media platforms are a solid pathway to reach audiences and gain fame along the way. Though the large majority of people on this list are actors it’s interesting to see digital stars rising in the ranks.
Take a look at the full 30 under 30 list here. You will see a few familiar faces in the line up of people who have recently visited or worked in Utah:
- Evan Rachel Wood who stars as Dolores Abernathy in HBO’s Westworld which has filmed in Utah. The sci-fi series was an instant hit, becoming HBO’s most-watched debut season ever.
- Kiersey Clemons who burst on to the scene at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival in Dope.
- Emory Cohen starred in Brooklyn which went on to be nominated for an Oscar after premiering at the Sundance Film Festival in 2015. He acted alongside Saoirse Ronan who is an alum of the 30 under 30 list.
- RJ Cyler starred in another Sundance favorite Me and Earl and the Dying Girl which went on to win the Grand Jury Prize.
- Lucas Hedges who stars in Sundance hit Manchester by the Sea which is nominated for an Oscar.
- Margot Robbie who starred in Z for Zachariah at the Sundance Film Festival where some critics argue what when she really became a true movie star.
Congrats to everyone who made the list. We cannot wait to see what happens next in your bright careers!
Contributing writer Elizabeth Latenser is a film fan, mountain momma, dog lover and tree hugger.